Spiral X by J.J. Westendarp

Spiral X by J.J. Westendarp

"Cheryl Erikson doesn't like playing DEA agent, but when a dangerous new drug named Plast finds its way onto the streets of Dallas, and the dealers just happen to be vampires, then she has to take action. 

With the help of her best friend Virgil, and a mysterious Vampire Hunter named Rev, Cheryl must work to eradicate Plast from the streets of Dallas. It's a task that becomes more difficult as she dodges assassination attempts; evades a nosy police detective who wants to peg her for a triple homicide; figures out what a 
shadow government organization wants from her; as well as deal with a powerful vampire who has a sudden interest in her activities. 

Her path takes her through the Spiral X nightclub, where everything she thinks she knows, and everything she stands for, is challenged in ways she never imagined."
(Description provided by: The Author on Amazon.com )

1000 + Books to Read Rating:



Cheryl Erikson is a Vampire Hunter and is taken on a wild ride when a vicious new drug called Plast hits the streets in her territory. This drug makes Vampires even harder to kill and makes the Humans taking the drug become deranged animals. 

Cheryl along with her team of friends including her mentor Cho, her pastor Father Herald, her Best Friend Virgil and her fellow hunter Tank take the Vampire world by storm as the drug Plast leads them into a Vampire owned night club called Spiral X. X marks the spot as Cheryl finds her self trying to escape death and take down a Vampire named Arthur. Can she pull through when everyone is counting on her to save the day?

I really have a hard time with stories that are told first person and this book pulled it off very well. At first I wasn't connected with the Characters but the storyline really hooked me and before I knew it I was invested in each and every Character. When I had to put this book down I found myself thinking about each of them almost obsessively. 

I enjoyed this book. There was no romance, no over done sex scenes. This was a true book with plots, twists and turns that the reader doesn't expect. Mystery and danger. Right up my alley! 

This was a paranormal book right up there with the best of them but done differently. Cheryl, the main character, is fighting against Vampires who are still not known by most of the human population. She and a few of her friends are clued in to the secretive world and work together to keep the humans safe. 

If you like the Anita Blake series you'll want to pick this one up! 

This author is also donating 10% of the proceeds from the sales of this book to Child's Play Charity. 
So go pick up this book! It's available on Amazon.com for $3.99 for the Kindle and on Barnes and Noble for $3.99 on the Nook (you can download a Nook reading device to read this on your computer). 

I was able to confirm from the Author that there will be more books in this series. Woo Hoo! 

Support this up and coming author so we can get more books! He's on my list of Authors to watch! 

You can check the Author out on Facebook as well as Smashwords

~ 1000 + Books to Read
Disclosure: I received the above Book from the Author to facilitate my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, only an honest one. The opinions I have expressed  in the above post are strictly my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC’s regulation 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Spiral X


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...